The Portland Zine Symposium is looking for art submissions for the 2012 poster for the 12th annual Portland Zine Symposium. This year’s theme is “Sea of Zines.” Your art submission should be your creative interpretation of that theme.
They encourage artists to use any medium or style. They strongly prefer that the chosen artist is able to assist us in the process of transferring (resizing / cropping / etc) the image multiple mediums.
The formatting guidelines are simple:
– They are looking for a 11″ wide x 17″ tall poster that will also be used in other formats (the website, post cards, buttons, stickers, etc), so your design needs to be visible and striking at multiple sizes and resolutions (or have smaller, breakaway pieces).
– Only 3 colors! The design will eventually be silk screened / screen printed onto t-shirts, so limit your colors to black, white and one other color.
Your design should include (or be able to include once all details are finalized) the following:
– the theme – Sea of Zines
– the dates – TBA (for now)
– the place – Refuge 116 SE Yamhill
– the website – http://www.pdxzines.com
– “12th Annual Portland Zine Symposium” and the year “2012”
– “A conference and zine social exploring facets of independent publishing and DIY culture.”
Submission deadline is February 25th.
Submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (most strongly preferred), mailed (to PO Box 5901 Portland, OR 97228-5901), or dropped off at the IPRC.
The Portland Zine Symposium is free conference and zine social exploring facets of independent publishing and DIY culture. The Portland Zine Symposium is a two day event held in Portland, Oregon every summer since 2001. It consists of two days of of workshops, panels, discussions, games and tabling of zines and independent media.
The Portland Zine Symposium aims to promote greater community between diverse creators of independent publications and art. This fun and free event helps people share their work while exchanging their skills and information related to zine culture. Through workshops, panels and discussions, Portland Zine Symposium explores the role and effect of all types of zines.